Tuesday 6 August 2013

Where have I been? Woah!

Woah!

So I haven't posted on here since April, sorry! Obviously since getting the offer, I had to work really REALLY hard for the upcoming exams so I took a long hiatus from blogging but I'm back!! The week before results day (9 days left!) and I'm ready to begin blogging. I will be doing live blogging on the actual day so it will be a bit hectic.  I do have a few posts planned which I'll be doing over the next few days including tips for those heading into year 13 applying for 2014 entry and study tips and etc etc. So should be really fun for me and helpful for you! I really want to update the blog and the look of it and get more interactive so feel free to pass the blog on! 
(If you're a graphic designer or good with website stuff please get in touch! I'd love your help on how to improve my site, just comment below, thanks!!!)

So as everyone knows, A level results day is next Thursday (15th August 2013) and everyone I know is feeling the anxious and terrified. To be honest I don't know how to feel. One minute I'm calm the next I'm panicking and worried. But there is no point! It is far better to be chilled out (even though it is VERY hard) than worried because it does make it harder to make clear decisions plus it just wastes time. We will still be hurdling towards results day whether you worry or not!

But here is my plan for actual results day:

15th August

00:01am - Clearing lists are released on UCAS and the Telegraph's UCAS clearing app (really recommend you download it if you have a smartphone). I'll be definitely up all night (trust me, no one will be sleeping that night) and I'll be preparing my own list of choices just in case everything goes tits up! 

1am til 7am - Probably just be up thinking up my options, trying to get some sleep (if I can) and just trying to calm my nerves so probably praying lol.

7:01am til 8:30am - Start trying to log into UCAS track, it is very likely it will crash, as it usually does, so I will try to keep calm and I'll try and check Bristol's portal (my firm) to see if I've gotten in.

In the case I do get in - Cry, scream, roll down my stairs to my parents room. Celebrate and get ready to go into college to collect my results and go forth and part-ayyyyy!

In the case I don't get in - Check if I've gotten into my insurance and if I have be slightly disappointed but still try and be happy and grateful I got in.

If I enter clearing - Get my clearing list I had prepared earlier on, check my results online via the college website and start calling up the universities. I wouldn't feel comfortable going into college because I don't feel I'll make the decision considering the immense pressure I'd be feeling. I would only go in if I couldn't get my results online.

Hopefully I do get into study medicine at my firm so I can continue this blog. I would love to continue this blog up until I am an FY2 doctor! So I can look back on the journey I've had into medicine. If I don't, hopefully I still will be continuing this blog if I do decide to carry on trying to become a doctor. But as of now, I don't feel it is very likely that I would try for graduate entry medicine if I did another course. I may decide to change my career path. But hopefully it doesn't come to that!!

Thanks for reading, look out for those posts coming up this week!
Good luck for results day!! I wish you the best!

1 comment:

  1. good luck! im still in the process of revising for the ukcat, ill be applying for the GEP :)

    ReplyDelete