Tuesday 8 November 2011

In year 12?

If you're in year 12 and have a burning passion for medicine *cliche but true* like me, here are some amazing schemes I've come across, that I've/I'm currently applied to!

UCL Mentoring Scheme

UCL (University College London) are doing a mentoring scheme for those in year 12. Heres a little about it:
Target Medicine Mentoring Scheme matches teams of volunteer UCL medical students with sixth form students from London-based, non-selective state schools who want to study medicine. It aims to give AS/A2 students a better understanding of what is needed to be a successful applicant to medical school and provides structured support and guidance to them during the application process. 
The deadline to apply is 5th December 2011

Social Mobility Foundation

The Social Mobility Foundation exists to support high-achieving young people from low-income backgrounds into the top universities and professions. We do this by providing a holistic programme of support encompassing internships, mentoring, university application support and skills development to students predicted to achieve ABB or above at A-Level who have been eligible for Free School Meals.
The deadline to apply is 14th December 2011

 If I see more, I'll be sure to post them up!

Or if you see any, be sure to tell me by posting a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment