Saturday 14 July 2012

Catch up time! 14.07.2012

I went to the Kings open day on Tuesday (10th July 2012). Well, what can I say, I was actually disappointed and I ended up not wanting to go there. First we had an accommodation tour, which particularly wasn't great. Then a talk about admissions and stuff from the Sub-Dean of the medical school. I think it was just one of those universities where you just don't comfortable in or "at home". I didn't get the same feeling as I did at BSMS. So I won't be applying to Kings this September unfortunately. I feel bad though, I did and still do want t like it, but I just can't.


So I'm left pondering what universities I actually want to go to. This is going to be really difficult deciding where I want to go this summer and the tough thing is, I have to be totally sure by September! So I definitely have to be looking out for more universities. I've had my eye on Southampton, just received their prospectus a few days ago. It looks like a really good university. But I've heard you have to have a really amazing profile to get in, especially since they don't interview! But I'm up to the challenge. Most medical schools open days aren't until September which is not great considering I have to submit my UCAS application to the college by the end of September. But that is something I will have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment