Tuesday 7 August 2012

Back up?

Over the last few days, I've been thinking I do need a back-up because anything could happen in a course of a year, so I've been looking around for what course I would like to do as a back-up just in case.

Previously, I was against it because I was thinking that if I didn't get in next year, I'd go into a gap year and reapply again. But what if I don't get in again? Would I be stuck in the same cycle of being rejected for years? In that time I could have got a degree! But now I think applying for a back up degree makes sense, so I'd try for graduate entry even though that is fiercely competitive it is a risk I'm willing to take! So that would mean I'd have to do the back-up degree, work for a few years to save up money for the fees of course, then reapply for graduate entry. And who knows, maybe I won't even apply for medicine anymore, I might really enjoy this degree and it sounds great by the way, so I wouldn't mind.

I've decided I want to do a dual honours course at Keele, I really like the sound of the neuroscience and biochemistry combination. It seems so interesting! To be honest, my back up degree would have been neuroscience anyway but I went on UCAS and it showed some dual honours courses as well so the neuroscience and biochemistry option seemed perfect for me! I love what the courses are offering so I wouldn't mind studying these two for three years. The offer for this is BBB so I pretty much believe I have a chance of getting in! I've ordered Keele's prospectus to get more of an idea of the university, so I'm looking forward for that to arrive in the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment