Tuesday 7 August 2012

Day 2 - Work Experience 07/08/12

Well, today was another long day at the GP. Literally spent all day calling up patients to come in to get their blood pressure readings done just to update the system as they hadn't had it done in 9 months. So when they do come in, we get their blood pressure reading done by using an digital sphyhmomanometer (I don't believe anyone can actually say this word, let alone remember it!) and then record it on their system.

Today, again we had patients calling up and asking to book appointments and whatnot which we had to do as well. But today seemed to be a day for angry patients because there were a lot more today. Through this, I watched and learnt how to deal with angry patients; you've just got to talk calmly and not raise your voice to try and calm them down. 

I haven't really got much to say about today, it was kind of repetitive with what I was doing. If I do, remember anything I'll probably add it.

No comments:

Post a Comment